Sunday, September 16, 2012

So far I suck at blogging

So my whole plan of blogging a ton hasn't gone too well. Buuuut luckily, we are only at 24 weeks, and there are still 16 weeks left! So that should give me plenty of time to get some quality posts done. 

 Much has happened since that 20 week mark. First off, Mark and I are happily engaged! :)

  I'll share that story in another post. But I will say it was wonderful and couldn't have been any better!

Another exciting thing we got to do was go to the ultra sound at 21 weeks. Mark's parents were in town from Mississippi that week, so I thought it would be a great surprise for them to come along with. I was really anxious going into it, just worried about what I would and possibly wouldn't see. Thankfully my worries were eased when they said everything looked healthy!  I got a little teary during it, but if  I'm completely honest I couldn't tell what a lot of the things were. Our ultra sound tech was training someone so while she was thorough, she seemed to spend a lot of time on the organs and atrium. She said things to us like "there's it's left ventricle.... blah blah more about heart organs that looked like blobs". I really just wanted to see the face. :)
It was a very surreal. Sometimes I wonder if I'm "actually" pregnant. I'm not sure why, because I am clearly showing, I feel the baby move all the time, and I've gone to the doctor multiple times. It's just that  the whole concept seems so huge and beyond me. The fact that I am growing a life inside me seems so bizarre. So seeing the ultra sound made it very really. 
I think I actually said, so that's inside me, right? 

 We did not find out the sex of the baby. Why you ask? How could we not want to find out so we can decorate, buy the correct color of clothes, help knock out a whole sex of names????? Just because. There's no real rhyme or reason, it just seems more fun this way. We fantasize all the time about both scenarios, what they'll be like and what we'll do with them. And trust me. The baby room will look awesome regardless. I have been coming up with concepts and ideas easily without knowing the sex. The whole clothes issue is actually saving us a ton of money. Seeing baby clothes is like kryptonite. I HAVE TO HAVE IT! But I haven't really bought much. Both grandmothers have been very kind and sent us clothes that are gender neutral. Baby's are cute on their own. I'm kind of over the whole dressing them up to the nine's to go to City Market. Sad, but true. My 16 year old self would be so disappointed to know that. My bank account is happy about it though! :)

Well my coffee is gone and the puppies are in need of some TLC so that will be all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment